Sunday, January 7, 2007

Visualization as social anxiety self help method

One of the working methods of social anxiety self help is visualization. It is quite personal and the way and success of its application differs significantly from person to person. But the main thing about visualization is to rich the state of entering a safe place where nothing can harm you. It’s a kind of self-training and in order to escape and finally get rid of social anxiety it should be practiced regularly.

It will be much more convenient to give a personal example of visualization then to speak of it in scientific terms. Here it goes.

~I'm sitting on the sand by the vast even sea and the orange sun is setting over the horizon. I can see the soft-winged clouds slowly drifting in the sky. I’m feeling the warm breeze on my face and hair. Next to me is my dearest girl/boy holding my hand in gentle hers/his. The rustling of sea-waves is caressing and lulling me to perfect tranquility…~

Well, it takes a lot of practice to go from a state of total anxiety into a state of “perfect tranquility” in a manner of minutes. Sometimes it takes hours, but you will definitely reach it if you strive, as visualization is a social anxiety self help method that works.

No comments: